Sunday, January 10, 2010

Final K.C. Photos

Whew! I finally finished our Kansas City trip photos that I started in my last post. Pictured below are the pages I've completed in the past two days. I did 8 in one day and you can tell that I was sort of running out of steam because they lack a lot of embellishment. I got to that point where I just wanted them done. Do you know what I mean?

I like the colors and the layout of this first one. I trimmed the corners of the photos with scalloped scissors and matted the photos, so they look like I've used photo corners on them. That gave me the idea to cut the corners for the page. Then I got lucky and found some coordinating scrap ribbon. I think this page is my favorite of the bunch.



For the wildlife preserve layout I tried to cut out little hoof prints for the bison and the elk. I think it works.


These next two pages are kind of strange. The first one includes photos of my kids on a spinning seat from a park we visited hence the title "You Spin Me Round" and the busy circle paper. I used the same paper to show my son first big catch. Those two photos were taken with a cell phone camera and are a little out of focus, but it was such a big event I decided to use them anyway. They are not my favorites, but there are elements on each page that I like.



T-Rex Cafe. What can I say. The papers don't quite coordinate, the color scheme is strange. It was late in the day.


We went to the Cabella's store. My husband wanted to compare it to Bass Pro. Anyway, again, papers just don't quite work together. I tried to pull them together with the use of more of that camouflage paper, but... I do like the little cloth sleeping bag and camp cabin stickers. They help.



My last hurrah here. Some random photos that I just decided to throw onto a page together. No real design here. Again, it was late in the day, and I was ready to move on to something else. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment